8th Grade - Fusion
Welcome to the Fusion Core!
Below are guidelines to help students reach their fullest potential in the Fusion Core:
- Follow the WESTLAKE WAY at all times - Be Kind, Be Respectful, and Be Invested.
Be prepared. You should be ready to work when the bell rings. You must:
- Have pencils sharpened and personal device charged.
- Have any homework out - be ready to discuss and ask questions.
- Write down assignments, so you know what's expected of you.
Be prompt. Always get to class on time.
- Students not in their seat when the bell rings, are tardy.
- You must have a pass if you walk in to class after the bell.
- Detention will be assigned for unexcused tardies.
- Third unexcused tardy = referral to office.
- Ask questions in class. Take ownership of your learning.
- ELO’s (Extra Learning Opportunity) will be provided for all students who would like to take advantage of them. See your individual teachers' available times.
- If you are absent for any reason, it is your responsibility to make-up any missed assignment, test, or quiz. Check your classroom agendas, ask a friend, or come see your teachers before or after school to see what you need to make up.