Gifted and Talented Program
Upcoming CoGat Testing for 6th (newly enrolled since Sept. 10), 7th and 8th Grade Students
Testing for 6th (only newly enrolled since September 10th), 7th and 8th grade students to be considered for Gifted and Talented identification will take place in December. If you are interested in having your student tested, please visit the Gifted and Talented page on the Westlake website to access the two forms you need to submit no later than Monday, November 5th. Please contact either Michelle Cantwell or Christy Smith for further information.
Here are the forms that must be submitted by November 5th.
Parent/School Partnership- English
Parent/School Partnership- Spanish
Parent Identification Form- English
Parent Identification Form- Spanish
Click HERE to visit our Westlake GT page.
Westlake Middle school identifies students for our Gifted and Talented program by the following:
- A comprehensive and cohesive process for nomination.
- Instruments for student’s assessment to determine eligibility for services.
- A student assessment profile
- An advanced learning plan for appropriate intervention
For parents: Go to https://www.adams12.org/identification-assessment
- Advanced Content
- Advanced Learning Plans
- National Jr. Honor Society
- Art Club
- Guitar Club
- School Newspaper
- Math Counts
- Battle of the Books
- Talent Show
- Student Council
- Drama Club
- Spelling Bee
- Science Bowl
- Chess Club
- District Web site https://www.adams12.org/departments/gifted-advanced-academic